Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Lifetime of Decisions

The Road Not Taken
By Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Life is full of choices. We make our decisions based upon what we hear, how we feel, and what we see. This past Saturday, I came to the end of a road that I had chosen four years ago. Looking back, I am beyond satisfied with the decision to take the path I had just completed. One cannot regret the decisions they make otherwise they are doomed to cope with them for eternity. As stated, I may have come to the end of a road but I now come to a crossroads with many different paths available for me to take. It can be intimidating. Each path has its pros and cons. You can gain some and you can lose some. Before rushing into my future, I need to weigh all of the possible outcomes of the various paths laid out before me. I need to make the decision that will most benefit me. And it is never too late to turn back. I have gained such an amazing support system of friends and colleagues and I cannot imagine a future without them. Even though their role in my life may be reduced, their impact is plentiful and long lasting. So as I look out toward the future I know several things; make an impact, become successful, but above all, become happy and live life to it's fullest. After all, we only have but one live.


No comments:

Post a Comment