Monday, June 20, 2011

Jack & Kate + 8 -- Circle of Life


Whether it was the thrill of the outdoors or the challenge of a hike or paddle, less than one year after my two-week outdoor education experience at Raquette Lake I had returned to the Adirondacks once again! However, this time I would be on the other side of the table. From June 6, 2011 - June 18, 2011 I served as a staff assistant for PED 308. Going from student to staff was certainly a tedious transition as I still had much to explore and wonder about the Adirondacks. I was however in good company with Emerald 'Emmie' Doin as my fellow staff assistant. Perhaps the best part of this experience was the ability to view the course through a fresh pair of eyes. Everyone was new to the outdoors and uncertain and that gave me a role to guide them and help where available.

Unlike my experience where I went on the 'High Peaks Technical' rock climbing trip, this time it would be mostly paddling with Kate 'KB' Hovey. The experience was extremely worthwhile. I had gained some very close friends and strengthened bonds with others. And while we did not have a camera, the memories are those that will last a life-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment